That thread - Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

pds pds100 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 03:01:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:52:22 -0400
max <maximilianbianco at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > mike cloaked wrote:
> >
> >> Most of the complainers do not directly fix things - so we all
> >> perhaps need a little patience and do our bit to help rather than
> >> simply grumble.
> >
> > Be careful, I'd really like to avoid giving an impression that any
> > stuff like this is unwanted or falls on deaf ears.
> >
> > Just keep in mind that constructive feedback, even in the form of
> > complaining, is invaluable.  The "constructive" part being very
> > important.
> >
> > -- Rex
> >

> Its hard to listen to a bunch of complaining when there isn't
> anything constructive included. I want KDE 3.5 back is not what i
> would consider constructive.

When features are in KDE3.5 work better than the newer version, I'll ask
for the older version back anytime.  You want specific examples:

1) The background on the virtual screen do not spread across all
physical screens. (Yes a bug was submitted.)

2) Not able to hide the panel, at least I haven't found a method.

There is more, but this is enough to make another choice.  KDE
4.0 is not an improvement, when functionality is lost from the previous
revision and its not documented. (If I did miss it, please provide a
pointer to it.)

I also think a complete previous revision should be supplied until the
next revision is functionally equivalent.  This will give USER the
choice of which version to use without being forced to use a choice
that he doesn't prefer.  Since the choice of KDE 3.5 is not completely
available, I'm being forced into is switching to gnome and using kpager
from the kde trunk sources.