Minor GNOME and KDE menu annoyance

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jul 27 17:08:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 02:27 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 10:08 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Sorry Tim, I thought you were one of those complaining about KDE4
> > compared to KDE3, when in fact you're arguing for Gnome over KDE.
> > That's fine, but it's a different discussion.
>
> There's a bit of both.  I definitely think Gnome is better than KDE, I
> think 4 is even worse than 3.  Even when they iron the bugs out 4, the
> design philosophy is still nuts.  It's just bad UI.
----
see that's the great thing about choice...

I think everybody's UI is flawed and it's only the choice about whose UI
flaws you feel most comfortable with. Windows and Macintosh are no
exceptions here.

KDE is clearly trying to break the boundaries of things we are used to
and it's way too soon to tell if KDE-4 will succeed but I commend them
for trying. One thing I have noticed is that visually, the KDE-4.0.99
stuff in updates-testing is visually sharp and appealing. Obviously it
still lacks some important functionality but I can see some
improvements.

Craig