FC8: Using Sqlite3 in OpenOffice, with or without ODBC

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Tue Jul 22 17:04:32 UTC 2008

M. Fioretti wrote, On 07/22/2008 12:28 PM:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 10:12:24 AM -0400, Todd Denniston wrote:
>
>> yum -C info *odbc* |grep -i lite
>> shows no output, so you'll have to build from source.
>
> as I mentioned at the beginning, I have no possibility to build from
> source on this computer right now, but thanks for the great summary,
> I'll use it as soon as possible.

Do you not have another F8 box around some where?
[About to assume you are new to fedora, please forgive.]
If you have another F8 box you could do the build there and transfer the rpm's
over with a USB stick (or CD or DVD or [shudder] floppy) and just do the
install portion (rpm -ivh) on the final machine.  And for most internet facing
servers having the build environment on another system is IIRC considered a
bit more secure.

--
Todd Denniston