kvm display issue

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Sep 15 07:14:35 UTC 2008

Paul Newell wrote:

> Did a bit of scanning on Google about "ctrl-alt-bksp" but can't
> honestly say that I got much out of it since it was wrapped under
> threads involving more serious failure issues. Let me give this a try
> the next time I sit down with the Linux box as, though I agree that a
> "better solution" is in order, I will quite happy for the near-term to
> just have a way to kick the puppy into being correct.
FWIW, "ctrl-alt-bksp" tells the X server to restart.  If you were to
issue it while logged in....it would bring you to the login screen.

I personally wouldn't spend any time looking for a "better solution" as
"ctrl-alt-bksp" would do what I need it to.  :-)

FYI, google for "keyboard shortcuts xwindows"