kvm display issue

Paul Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 16 03:50:41 UTC 2008

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Paul Newell wrote:
>
>> Did a bit of scanning on Google about "ctrl-alt-bksp" but can't
>> honestly say that I got much out of it since it was wrapped under
>> threads involving more serious failure issues. Let me give this a try
>> the next time I sit down with the Linux box as, though I agree that a
>> "better solution" is in order, I will quite happy for the near-term to
>> just have a way to kick the puppy into being correct.
>>
> FWIW, "ctrl-alt-bksp" tells the X server to restart.  If you were to
> issue it while logged in....it would bring you to the login screen.
>
> I personally wouldn't spend any time looking for a "better solution" as
> "ctrl-alt-bksp" would do what I need it to.  :-)
>
> FYI, google for "keyboard shortcuts xwindows"

Ed:

Worked like a champ and so easy that I have to agree that principle of
"finding a better solution" vanishes as I look at the homework I have to
do with the LAN issue I submitted.

I did the google and printed
http://linux.about.com/od/linux101/l/blnewbie5_1.htm so I can keep near
the computer. Many thanks for the suggestion.

Please consider this issue resolved
Paul