"indirect routing" through Squid and Privoxy

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Sep 14 21:14:03 UTC 2008

I am considering the idea of getting one of those little "netbook" machines at
some point.  I'm thinking that they will get very cheap around Christmas and
one of those would be a neat toy.

I currently run Squid and Privoxy on my computers.   I'm trying to visualize a
way to continue to have the benefit of Squid and Privoxy without having to
actually run it locally on the netbook.

I can see how this would work if I put a second network card in one of my
computers and added a wireless access point plugged into that -- everything
could just be routed through the "real computer" and that would be that.

Is there a way to route traffic to and from the netbook through the "real
computer" without having to add that hardware?