Firefox Running Slow in Linux

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 22:24:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Daniel B. Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:
> Well, what do you mean by rendering?  What exactly are you 'rendering'?

The HTML and images that are being converted to pixels.

>  Running
> a java-based or some other application like a mandelbrot application or
> what? You
> might let us know exactly what you are doing?

Just browsing the internet.

> It is hard to tell with the little data you are giving as to determine if by
> rendering you
> are getting `streaming data' coming from "remote" or "local" sources  and if
> the
> data (for rendering?) coming from local/remote servers and/or services?

Doesn't rendering simply mean creating visuals from data?

> Just wondered,
> Dan

I'm talking about scrolling through long pages and zooming in and out,
things Firefox on Windows handles with no effort.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )