F10 and Gnome - not root login

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Jan 27 00:59:53 UTC 2009

Aldo Foot wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Steve Searle <steve at stevesearle.com> wrote:
>> Around 12:18am on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 (UK time), Aldo Foot scrawled:
>>
>>> But now, seriously, how I'm I supposed to log in at the desktop when I was not
>>> offered the chance to create a regular user account during the installation?
>> Firstboot will ask you to set up a user account.  Did you bypass this?
>>
>> Steve
>
> I never saw the firstboot routine.
> I actually did the install *twice* thinking that I had missed that, but no.
> That's why I'm puzzled.

Were these raw, fresh installs (where the filesystems were initialized)?
If they were upgrades, then the /etc/sysconfig/firstboot was probably
configured from the last install and firstboot wouldn't run.

Easiest way, boot in single user mode from grub and

	# rm -f /etc/sysconfig/firstboot

Exit and let things move on from there.

I've installed several F10s (raw) and firstboot always came up.
-     I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!       -