Re: F11 upgrade - worse than Windows

Peter J. Stieber wrote:

Thanks Kevin.  That's exactly what I needed!

In the shell I ran top, and Xorg is consuming 97% of CPU with anaconda consuming the rest. Maybe the video driver is causing me grief.

Is there anything I can do to give anaconda more priority or get Xorg out of the way?

You can do a "text" install. Or at least you used to. If you can't do a text install, try forcing the Xorg driver to VESA. I'm pretty sure there is an boot option to control this....

Pete

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com