Re: pulseaudio breaks after update today

On 07/23/2009 07:35 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
Jack craig wrote:
<snip>
the cpu use goes through the roof and my audio stream dies.

anyone got a fix to offer? tia, jackc...

****************
This is part of an install script I use for mythtv, to remove pulse and revert to alsa alone.

-----------------------
#!/bin/bash
 echo "         Remove pulse audio files mythtv does not need"
 echo ""
echo " Do NOT use 'remove pulseaudio*' as this will remove pulseaudio-libs"
 echo "         which will kill gdm and other core programs."
 echo ""
 yum -y remove pulseaudio alsa-plugins-pulseaudio pavucontrol \
               pulseaudio-utils gstreamer-plugins-pulse \
               pulseaudio-core-libs akode-pulseaudio
 rm -rf /etc/pulse
 rm -rf /root/.pulse*
 rm -rf /home/mythtv/.pulse*