Re: no hardware acceleration?

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Michael Hennebry wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Michael Hennebry wrote:

From glxinfo:
direct rendering: Yes

OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer

I guess that the second means I don't have hardware aceleration.
What does the first one mean?

From sysinfo:/ :
Display Info
Vendor: Mesa Project
Model: Software Rasterizer
Driver: 2.1 Mesa 7.1 rc1

No mention of my geforce graphics card (GX5200LE 128 MB AGP).

Would this sort of thing cause mplayer and ffplay to freeze?
Each of them last a couple before seconds before freezing.
ffplay keeps a little over 1% of the cpu.
Don't remember about mplayer.

Rebooting has mplayer and ffplay running again.
I even have sound.
mplayer occasionally claims my system is too slow.
This is likely because I still have software rendering?
True?

--
Michael   hennebry web cs ndsu NoDak edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.