Re: active network connection stops working...

On 07/24/2009 04:35 PM, charles zeitler wrote:
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Rick Sewill<rsewill gmail com>  wrote:
You indicated there is no DNS resolution?
What is in your /etc/resolv.conf file please?

it is currently blank.

Can you ping an IP address if you do not use DNS resolution?

Can you ping www.google.com?
Can you ping 209.85.225.99?

i successfully pinged yahoo at 69.147.76.15

Am I correct in assuming you have never been able to surf the Internet
through this active network connection?  My previous comments assumed
you could surf the Internet, but your connection eventually failed.
my connection worked initially, and for some time, then suddenly dns stopped
working.

see if vou can ping linuxtoday.com, if it's a DNS problem you won't be able to connect to server.
Fedora is also having a IPV6 problem, it's looking for IPV6 instead of IPV4.