[Fedora-livecd-list] LiveCD on Compact flash

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Fri Aug 11 14:37:56 UTC 2006

Junevicus, Lucius R CTR NAVFAC SE wrote:

> I have a LiveCD built using Kadischi and would like to move this to a
> CF flash.
> I've tried both syslinux and grub to boot up from the CF flash and get
> to the same place with either method.

I think the easier method is not to actually move the image to the flash
card but to move the SquashFS image
and build a specialized initrd. I have done this with USB flash sticks
already and I can provide you with the
linuxrc script I use if you wish.

What we do is mount the Squash image via loopback, and simply go on to
pivot_root.
We don't use find-live-cd. Furthermore the rc scripts are slightly
reworked. I did this creating my own SquashFS
image by hand however, not using Kadischi. It can be done in the same
method as Kadischi however.

What I'd like to see is a Kadischi-USB fork to support installing to USB
Flash devices.

J. Hartline