[Fedora-livecd-list] Making two additional directories writable

Martin Steinmann msteinmann at vesbridge.com
Thu Aug 17 14:59:53 UTC 2006

[mailto:fedora-livecd-list-
> bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Forrest Taylor
> Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:52 PM
> To: fedora-livecd-list at redhat.com
> Subject: RE: [Fedora-livecd-list] Making two additional directories
> writable
>
> On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 16:00 -0400, Martin Steinmann wrote:
> > I documented the process of building our LiveCD here:
> > http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/Kadischi
>
> FYI, your lines in kickstart:
>
> #...Turn off that annoying Kudzu boot message
> for fn in `ls /etc/rc3.d/* | grep kudzu`; do rm -f $fn; done
>
> could be simplified by running `chkconfig --del kudzu` or `chkconfig
kudzu
> off`
> in %post, or not installing it in the first place.  However, don't you
> want kudzu to
> run and detect new hardware?

Good suggestions. I will try that - thanks.

You might be interested in my network HW address (MAC address) fix:
#...Remove the HW address entry (MAC address) from the network config -
it will be different on every machine
perl -pi -e 's/^HWADDR=.*/HWADDR=/'

A LiveCD should not include a MAC address as it different on every
machine.
--martin