[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - FAQ

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 17:29:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 08:07 +0100, tony wrote:
> Le lundi 16 janvier 2006 à 14:14 -0500, Jeremy Katz a écrit :
> > On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 12:34 -0600, J. Hartline wrote:
> > > Optionally, just the mention of pkgorder, genhdlist, comps.xml and
> > > adding RPM packages in the repo dir
> > > could also be sufficient. Some FAQs may warrant large answers, some may not.
> > > When that time comes I guess we'll figure it out. :0
> >
> > Note that the content related to pkgorder, genhdlist and (to a lesser
> > extent) comps.xml will be obsolete as all of that has changed
> > significantly in the anaconda for FC5
>
> Now there we have an interesting problem:
>
>    - how will Kadischi cater for those who want to make LiveCDs based on
> FC4 and earlier?
>
> Will we have two versions of Kadischi?

Frankly, I think the right answer is to try to aggressively move forward
to better support and work with FC5 rather than trying to fit a square
peg into a round hole with FC4.  Also, there are some changes which I
think need to occur both in the distro and Kadischi itself to get to a
really robust tool.  I had outlined some of that to Darko a few months
ago.  Let me dig up that mail and send it out to the list