[Fedora-livecd-list] newbie question: FC3 and kadischi error

Eric White eric.white at ionpipe.com
Tue Jan 24 17:59:56 UTC 2006

I've applied the kadischi python patches (anaconda, etc) successfully,
or at least there were no errors reported:

1) I've got a current, rsync'ed FC3 repository.
2) I made a bunch of softlinks from my repository to a Kadischi working
directory and then trimmed those softlinks down to the minimum set of
packages I wanted,
3) I then did the genhdlist, pkgorder, genhdlist jig.
4) I modified my comps.xml to match the files I have in my kadischi
working directory. (btw, I'm working on an embryonic XSL file that
treats the comps.xml file as ground truth and creates the soft-links and
generates a shell script to run the rest of the build.... I think this
could be a good way of treating comps.xml as the origin of the distro
contents. I hope to post this once it's not embarrassingly incomplete).
5)  I have a minimal ks start (derived from a previous kickstart I had
(for an installation CD) and the minimal ks file provided in the
Kadischi installation,
6) I run Kadischi and get:

[root at casablanca interim]# ../../tools/kadischi/kadischi -C --
kickstart=../build/iongate-ks.cfg `pwd` `pwd`/test.iso
Starting kadischi...
Parsing command line arguments
Checking UID
Using buildstamp file /etc/kadischi/buildstamp.
Product path set to Fedora.
Now we are going to try to validate your repository (for now, only http,
ftp and local repositories can be checked)
Path /home/ewhite/src/rnsa/interim exists. OK
Path /home/ewhite/src/rnsa/interim/Fedora exists. OK
Path /home/ewhite/src/rnsa/interim/Fedora/base exists. OK
Path /home/ewhite/src/rnsa/interim/Fedora/RPMS exists. OK
Repository seems to be OK.
Checking required packages
Looking for config file
Loadnig config file options
Path /tmp/product/.buildstamp already exists, temporarly moving
to /tmp/livecd-build_no10/.buildstamp

  ***  running anaconda  ***

* Display mode = c
* Method = nfs://home/ewhite/src/rnsa/interim
Probing for video card:   VESA driver (generic)
Probing for monitor type:   TPVa995
Probing for mouse type:   Skipped mouse probe.
* anaconda floppy device fd0
* Running kickstart %pre script(s)
* All kickstart %pre script(s) have been run
* moving (1) to step networkdevicecheck
* moving (1) to step readcomps
Reading package information...
* Using file:///home/ewhite/src/rnsa/interim/Fedora/base/comps.xml
* moving (1) to step selectlangpackages
* moving (1) to step checkdeps
Checking dependencies in packages selected for installation...
* moving (1) to step install
* moving (1) to step enablefilesystems
* moving (1) to step migratefilesystems
* moving (1) to step setuptime
* moving (1) to step preinstallconfig
* No pcic controller detected
* Unable to copy comps package
* moving (1) to step installpackages
* setting file_context_path
to /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts
Preparing RPM transaction...
In progress...    Completed
* WARNING: not all packages in hdlist had order tag
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ewhite/src/tools/kadischi/kadischi.py", line 224, in ?
    run ("anaconda %s --rootpath=%s --method=%s --livecd" %
(anaconda_args, sysdir, method), builddir)
  File "/home/ewhite/src/tools/kadischi/lib/functions.py", line 112, in
run
    flc_log ('\n  ***  Fatal error: %s returned non zero (%s) exit code.
Aborting execution.\n' % (command.rsplit() [0], rc))AttributeError:
'str' object has no attribute 'rsplit'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.