[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - more changes

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 30 16:17:50 UTC 2006

Hi.
There was some discussion in the mail threads yesterday
that we go ahead and do away with copying /root files with rsync in
Kadischi.

I looked at it briefly and what I think can be done is not empty /root
during 05fsclean.py
thus being able to drop the rsync'ing code out of it also in
post_install_scripts.

The RAMfs will contain the files from /root in any case because they are
bound from /livecd/tmpfs to /root.
Along with this change, I am curious if we should also "bury" the
non-common directories
such as /livecd /initrd and /rr_moved e.g. make these hidden rather than
having what would be
a very obtuse looking root dir.. simply moving these to /.initrd
/.livecd and /.rr_moved for instance.

J. Hartline