[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - kickstart cfg files

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sat May 6 14:02:06 UTC 2006

Hi.

Looking over the minimal-livecd.cfg that is currently provided with Kadischi
it seems Anaconda tries to install some things probably not considered
exactly minimal.
This is 303 packages or so and I've come up with a small list I'll put
below.

This brings the package count down to 251 saving a bit of space in a
totally minimilistic install.
Have a look:
%packages
# Packages to exclude for minimal package set
- atk
- bind
- bind-libs
- bind-utils
- bluez-libs
- bluez-pin
- bluez-utils
- caching-nameserver
- cairo
- cyrus-sasl-plain
- expat
- freeglut
- GConf2
- htmlview
- irda-utils
- libglade2
- libICE
- libIDL
- libSM
- libX11
- libXau
- libXcursor
- libXdmcp
- libXext
- libXfixes
- libXft
- libXi
- libXinerama
- libXmu
- libXrandr
- libXrender
- libXt
- libXxf86vm
- mesa-libGL
- mesa-libGLU
- NetworkManager
- numactl
- ORBit2
# End package set

I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions or objections to this being
introduced
into the current minimal-livecd.cfg provided, as I was also looking at
creating
a standard-livecd.cfg and standard-livedvd.cfg which would accompany
storage sizes
for both CD and DVD media. Is this a good idea?
Any ideas about package sets for those?

Any packages to add or remove?

Having the minimal-livecd.cfg, standard-livecd.cfg and
standard-livedvd.cfg would
round out provided kickstart cfg files I think for Kadischi.

J. Hartline