[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - kickstart cfg files

Eugene Teo eteo at redhat.com
Sun May 7 17:41:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
> I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions or objections to this being
> introduced into the current minimal-livecd.cfg provided, as I was also
> looking at creating a standard-livecd.cfg and standard-livedvd.cfg which
> would accompany storage sizes for both CD and DVD media. Is this a good
> idea?

Yes, it's a splendid idea. We should start having more example kickstart
files in ks_examples/. The more useful ones are those with a list of
packages that can fit into a 650/700MB CD-R/RW and DVD. Other example
kickstart files that we should have are country- or language-specific
ones so that other users from non-english speaking countries can benefit
from this project too.

The problem with creating kickstart files for CDs is that there are so
many packages to choose from, but we can't have everything. And each time
we use Kadischi to create an ISO, if the list of packages we selected doesn't
fit into a CD-R/RW, then we have to do it all over again, which can be
pretty painful.

I have attached a generic kickstart file that I wrote today. It fits into
a 650/700MB CD-R/RW nicely. With a slight modification, we can use it as
a standard-livecd.cfg for ks_examples/.

Eugene
--
eteo redhat.com  ph: +65 6490 4142  http://www.kernel.org/~eugeneteo
gpg fingerprint:  47B9 90F6 AE4A 9C51 37E0  D6E1 EA84 C6A2 58DF 8823