[Fedora-livecd-list] reference: another fc5 livecd, berry

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 02:47:51 UTC 2006

I noticed this release run by distrowatch.  It looks like a fairly mature fc5
livecd.  Possibly a useful resource to consider for livecd generator features.

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=03450#0

The most interesting thing I see about this project (other than it's nv/ati
driver inclusion... they're less paranoid than kororaa (sp?)) is it's use of
"translucency" as an alternative unionfs implementation.

My own livecd generating tool is still a few days from alpha, and even then,
probably still far behind this project, or the recent centos-4.3 livecd I fired
up under qemu last week.  But I'll certainly use those isos and any posted here
as targets to try to improve upon.

-jdog