[Fedora-livecd-list] reference: another fc5 livecd, berry

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Wed May 24 03:40:04 UTC 2006

I tried an older version (maybe .6) last year and it was nice but had
some odd problems in terminal windows in particular.  That may have to
do with the fact that the release is primarily japanese with english as
a secondary language.  But, it is pretty good.  And, for anyone hitting
their uhm... aesthetically challenged homepage, the cd is much better.

site: http://yui.mine.nu/berry/

Jane Dogalt wrote:
> I noticed this release run by distrowatch.  It looks like a fairly mature fc5
> livecd.  Possibly a useful resource to consider for livecd generator features.
>
> http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=03450#0
>
> The most interesting thing I see about this project (other than it's nv/ati
> driver inclusion... they're less paranoid than kororaa (sp?)) is it's use of
> "translucency" as an alternative unionfs implementation.
>
> My own livecd generating tool is still a few days from alpha, and even then,
> probably still far behind this project, or the recent centos-4.3 livecd I fired
> up under qemu last week.  But I'll certainly use those isos and any posted here
> as targets to try to improve upon.
>
> -jdog

Tim Wood
719.338.7484