[Fedora-livecd-list] Revisor: Cannot setup installation target. Aborting.

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Sun Aug 26 16:39:49 UTC 2007

On søn, aug 26, 2007 at 04:57:18 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Lars Bjørndal wrote:
> > On søn, aug 26, 2007 at 12:54:05 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> >> I didn't get this error running from either GIT or revisor-2.0.4.3-1rc1
> >> (soon to land in the development repo). Can you reproduce from the
> >> latest GIT version?
> >
> > Yes, I can. I did a new GIT install today, and I got the same error
> > message. Do you need my config files etc.?
> >
> > I use some files from my own repo, could that be a problem? What does
> > the error message actually indicate?
> >
> > Lars
> >

> Setting up the installation target is merely providing a loopmounted
> ext3 filesystem. You could check if the loopmount succeeds with commands
> mount and losetup -a. As I see it the debug verbosity should be raised
> because we can now not see what exactly goes wrong.

Output from mount, after aborting, is:

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)
/dev/proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/sys on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
/dev/loop0 on / type ext3 (rw)

- losetup -a
/dev/loop0: [fd00]:97928 (/var/tmp/revisor-livecd/data/os.img)

Lars