[Fedora-livecd-list] Using livecd-tools-013 to create a CentOS 5 LiveCD

Patrice Guay patrice.guay at nanotechnologies.qc.ca
Sat Dec 1 14:53:55 UTC 2007

I recently updated livecd-tools from version 009 to 013. I plan on using
version 013 to build a CentOS 5 LiveCD. I managed to create a minimal
LiveCD. Here are the steps I had to take in order to get a usable
livecd-creator script:

1. There is one occurence of a "try, except, finally" python structure.
I had to reformulate it in order to remain compatible with python 2.4

2. The livecd-creator script assumes the existence of YumBase.close.
This feature has been added in yum >= 3.1.7. This requirement should be
updated in the SPEC file.

3. pykickstart >= 0.96 is required.

4. I made the "lvm info leakage" cleanup optional to avoid an error in
case install_root/etc/lvm directory does not exist.

Are some of these elements worth filling a bug in Bugzilla?

--
Patrice