[Fedora-livecd-list] Using livecd-tools-013 to create a CentOS 5 LiveCD

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 01:25:12 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 09:53 -0500, Patrice Guay wrote:
> 1. There is one occurence of a "try, except, finally" python structure.
> I had to reformulate it in order to remain compatible with python 2.4

To be honest, I suspect we want more of these, not less.  They make
exception handling and cleanup so much simpler.

> 2. The livecd-creator script assumes the existence of YumBase.close.
> This feature has been added in yum >= 3.1.7. This requirement should be
> updated in the SPEC file.

Updated in git

> 3. pykickstart >= 0.96 is required.

Similarly updated

> 4. I made the "lvm info leakage" cleanup optional to avoid an error in
> case install_root/etc/lvm directory does not exist.

In the API rework bits that I just pushed to the master on Friday, this
has been improved by markmc to be a little bit more resilient for cases
where LVM isn't present