[Fedora-livecd-list] Potential Patch

Adam Dutko dutko.adam at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 06:39:15 UTC 2007

Ok.  Here is a link to the patch I will submit tomorrow after my testing is
finished: http://littlehat.homelinux.org:8000/livecd-creator .  (I will
submit the diff from git to the mailing list when my testing is finished.)
As I indicate on my site this version does the following...

"I've added a flag to livecd-creator that you can use to dictate where to
build your livecd. Of course this will not eliminate the actual iso being
generated in your present working directory. If you do not specify the
--build-dir flag when you call livecd-creator it will use the old default of
using /var/tmp/livecd-creator. The main improvement, beyond the addition of
the --build-dir flag is the space check. This new version of livecd-creator
will verify you have at least three gigabytes of free space before
continuing. If you don't it will quit and ask you to add more space, or
specify a different directory."

So far my test of building a livecd with the modified script worked fine.
I'm now in the midst of testing both permutations: 1) specifying a build-dir
(this is the 2nd run -- my first successful I used this) and 2) not
specifying.  I've verified that if I have less than 3000M in the target
directory, it fails nicely and reminds the user to add space.  I will post
logs on my site as well when I get the chance.

David, I know you objected to the addition of a build-dir flag, but I
figured it fit well with your feature request and added it in.  If you don't
want it in there, I will remove it and simply submit the space check.
Please let me know.

I will start hacking on other pieces tomorrow.  Unfortunately school starts
Monday so my hacking time will be limited, but I want to get a few more
things ironed out in the code (specifically things you've mentioned inline).

-Adam