[Fedora-livecd-list] cpufreq problem when starting up Fedora 7 Live CD on my notebook

Chan Jason jason.polaris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 17:48:42 UTC 2007

Hi all,
   I'm new to the list. Sorry if I make any mistake =)

   I am trying to run the Fedora 7 Live CD (and will install later) on
my old Compaq Presario 800 notebook (which has a P-III 500 CPU). When
I try to put the disc on the cdrom and startup, hey, the error shows:

cpufreq: change failed with new_state 1 and result 2

It halts..

  I have added acpi=off in the boot parameter.. What else I can do to
make my notebook work on F7? Thanks!!

Yours sincerely,
Jason Chan