[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC: Use of a kickstart config to define the live cd contents

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 03:25:37 UTC 2007

--- Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> The attached (draft, we likely don't want to apply this directly)
> patch
> moves towards using a kickstart config to define the contents of the
> live CD.  What does this mean?

> 5) Makes it pretty easy to move a system specification between being
> live CD and an installed system.  This seems pretty cool and
> powerful.
> Also, with a little bit of work, we could get system-config-kickstart
> in
> the game.
>
> What do other people think?  Patch for livecd-creator attached as
> well a
> kickstart config that specifies the contents of a default desktop
> install[1].

I completely agree with this.  Kickstart was the DNA/personality
definition of generated systems before the livecd case.  I think it
will create less confusion to keep things focused there.

And as you said, clearly then sys-cfg-ks can effectively become the
meat of a gui for livecd-creator.

-dmc/jdog