[Fedora-livecd-list] Customizing home directory

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 00:01:21 UTC 2007

On 3/3/07, Jonathan Roberts <jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Please excuse my ignorance but...how do I tell the config to do this!?

the post section of the config is just a bash script .. put the
command to copy (and chown/chmod) the files there ..

>For my needs it sounds like dropping in to a shell would be OK -
>anyone able to explain how to do this?

afaik theres a line that commented out /bin/bash before
target.unmount() in the main() function in the code ... you can
uncomment it to drop you into a shell .. the installation root should
be in /var/tmp/livecd-creator/<temporary-dir>/install_root/ .. chroot
into it and do ur customization ...

>This is a good question. The project should come up with a recommended
>way to add or change stuff that isn't part of an rpm when creating a
>live CD.

I would love to have something that record whatever I do into a shell
script for me to insert them into the post script .. for the
gconf-related customization, I think sabayon can do the job (maybe
with some modifications) .. I prefer using post script because it
makes it easier to manage the livecd and for collaborative work ..

just my 2cents

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail