[Fedora-livecd-list] Customizing home directory

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 16:08:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 08:01 +0800, Hikaru Amano wrote:
> >For my needs it sounds like dropping in to a shell would be OK -
> >anyone able to explain how to do this?
>
> afaik theres a line that commented out /bin/bash before
> target.unmount() in the main() function in the code ... you can
> uncomment it to drop you into a shell .. the installation root should
> be in /var/tmp/livecd-creator/<temporary-dir>/install_root/ .. chroot
> into it and do ur customization ...

We should probably make this an option instead of requiring editing the
script for this.  Added to my sticky note of things to get to eventually

> >This is a good question. The project should come up with a recommended
> >way to add or change stuff that isn't part of an rpm when creating a
> >live CD.
>
> I would love to have something that record whatever I do into a shell
> script for me to insert them into the post script .. for the
> gconf-related customization, I think sabayon can do the job (maybe
> with some modifications) .. I prefer using post script because it
> makes it easier to manage the livecd and for collaborative work ..

The main difficulty is how do you monitor and record what someone
arbitrarily does in shell.  If they, eg, launch python and run a command
how do you know what they did there?  This is definitely an area where
if someone wanted to do some work that it could make a big difference.