[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: patch review and move of livecd scm

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 16:27:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 22:07 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Sorry for being slow in reviewing patches; most of my time past two
> month been spent traveling and working on other features on Fedora 7.
> Enough with bad excuses. Anyway, looks like Jeremy and Bill been kicking
> ass writing patches so I've merged them all into master.

Cool, sounds good.

> Btw, Jeremy, where can I find a kickstart file?

I sent one with the initial kickstart patch.  My current one doesn't
quite fit on a CD as I try to make it have roughly the same package set
as the default distro install does.

> Also, should we include
> a simple works-for-latest-distro example kickstart file in the repo
> along with comments on how to use it?

Yep, we definitely should.  I'll try to get some of the README bits and
the like updated over the next day or so.

> Will we have separate kickstart files per arch? I presume we want the
> package selection to differ for x86_64, ppc and x86, just by virtue that
> it's going to be larger for the former two. Can Kickstart do this
> already?

There's no real reason that the kickstart config _has_ to be
different... size for ppc shouldn't be significantly different.  On
x86_64, doing a CD sized image is perhaps killing ourselves when we
shouldn't given the download numbers for CD vs DVD on x86_64.  And we
don't want to reach the point where there aren't any useful apps on the
image.