[Fedora-livecd-list] patch review and move of livecd scm

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 22:11:25 UTC 2007

> I get what you're saying, but if the common example is using core and extras
> repos, why not default to those in a config file?  I can see adding the
> ability to override that at the cli

Overriding the repo URL via the CLI is actually be the best solution.

> I want
> people to create something different and that requires changing the
> configuration.

I don't want people to edit configuration files (in fact I want the
tools to be able to download the config file via http so it's easy to
track the changes to the configuration) just to use a local mirror on
their hard disk.

Realistically everyone but you and perhaps myself will have to use a
local mirror on their hard disk. And I don't think it's fair to require
people to edit a configuration file as they will have to redo these
changes every time they want to get the latest revision of the config
file. Sure, for pungi maybe it won't change but for livecd it will go
through a lot of churn as we add/remove packages to put as much useful
stuff on ISO that is constrained by 700MB.

     David