[Fedora-livecd-list] no /dev/root with newer kernels again

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Tue Mar 13 19:39:48 UTC 2007

Am Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:27:19 +0100
schrieb Sebastian Vahl <ml at deadbabylon.de>:

> Am Sun, 11 Mar 2007 22:48:58 +0100
> schrieb Sebastian Vahl <ml at deadbabylon.de>:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > With the kernels 2981 and 2982 I get the "no /dev/root" problem
> > again. The latest kernel that works for me was 2962. The only
> > change I made was updating my local mirror from development and
> > extras-development.
> >
> > Is the problem located in the newer kernels or in livecd-creator
> > (used version is from F7test2)?
> >

> Mhh. Downgraded to 2962 and 2953. Same error. I don't know what I
> have changed that caused this error (only updated my installation).
>
> In VMware and qemu the error is the same as on an burned cdrw. The
> last messages before the error in vmware:
> http://img465.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorly2.png
> Loaded modules are: sr_mod, cdrom, ata_generic, uhci_hcd, ata_piix,
> libata, scsi_mod
>
> If I can provide additional infos just tell me. I don't know how to
> debug this.
>
> Sebastian

It seems that the problem was udev-106-1. When I replaced it with
udev-105-1 the created cds are bootable again. Also with actual rawhide.

Does anyone knows what problem(s) causes the newer version of udev? It
It was not the new subpackage for the static files. I installed this on
my host and included it in the configs for the livecd.

Sebastian