[Fedora-livecd-list] Current desktop livecd kickstart config

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Thu Mar 22 21:49:23 UTC 2007

Am Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:18:30 -0400
schrieb Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>:

> Sorry for the lag in getting around to sending this, but here's the
> config I'm using right now for the test3 live CD.

Great, thanks!

> Things to note:
> * Just pulls in the init script by cat'ing it in the %post.  This is a
> tad messy, but functional for now.  Longer term, this should probably
> be in a package that gets installed for live CD images

One good point (maybe the only one) for only using a kickstart file and
no additional rpms is IMHO that a normal user don't have to set up a
local repository for this rpm when he wants to master his own cd.
Or livecd-creator learns to use rpms directly (with path). :)

> * Don't do auto-login.  With the facebrowser stuff and gdm work that
> davidz has done, we want to let people choose a language, etc there
> * Right now is doing rm -rf /usr/share/doc/* to try to get to fitting.
> Even with that, we're still way too close for my level of comfort.

Maybe it is possible (like on other livecd, eg. PCLOS) to put the
username as text somewhere in the background. Now nobody knows the
username or must guess it.

Minor note: /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/zz-liveinst don't put an icon for
liveinst on the desktop.

For the record: 691 MB.

Sebastian