[Fedora-livecd-list] Current desktop livecd kickstart config

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 21:59:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 22:49 +0100, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> Am Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:18:30 -0400 schrieb Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>:
> > Things to note:
> > * Just pulls in the init script by cat'ing it in the %post.  This is a
> > tad messy, but functional for now.  Longer term, this should probably
> > be in a package that gets installed for live CD images
>
> One good point (maybe the only one) for only using a kickstart file and
> no additional rpms is IMHO that a normal user don't have to set up a
> local repository for this rpm when he wants to master his own cd.

Yeah, this is definitely a good thing about this approach.  I'm waffling
back and forth over which approach I like best.  Obviously, you could do
either at this point, it's just a question of which seems the cleanest
for us to do.

> Or livecd-creator learns to use rpms directly (with path). :)

A local repo isn't _that_ much worse to make than just building an rpm
(cp to dir, run createrepo)

> > * Don't do auto-login.  With the facebrowser stuff and gdm work that
> > davidz has done, we want to let people choose a language, etc there
> > * Right now is doing rm -rf /usr/share/doc/* to try to get to fitting.
> > Even with that, we're still way too close for my level of comfort.
>
> Maybe it is possible (like on other livecd, eg. PCLOS) to put the
> username as text somewhere in the background. Now nobody knows the
> username or must guess it.

The fedora user should show up in the face browser so you just have to
select it.  But, the face browser only shows up at > 800x600.  I wonder
if there's any way that we could get the face browser working okay for
the 800x600 case.

> Minor note: /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/zz-liveinst don't put an icon for
> liveinst on the desktop.

Yeah, fixed with new anaconda built earlier today (xinitrc just runs
scripts that end in .sh.  argh!)