[Fedora-livecd-list] building fc6 livecds

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri Mar 23 19:33:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

I try to build a fedora6 livecd on fedora6 with the livecd tool.

So I installed livecd and pykickstart from git/cvs, and I'll give you here a
brief rundown of the commands I used, so you can see if the cause for the
error is there:

git-clone git://git.fedoraproject.org/git/hosted/livecd
cd livecd
sudo make install

# install pykickstart with yum, to get the depends...
sudo yum install pykickstart

# livecd-tools need a newer version of pykickstart than fc6 has:
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at rhlinux.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
cvs login
cvs co pykickstart
cd pykickstart
sudo python2.4 setup.py install

Then I modified livecd-fedora-desktop.ks a bit, to use the fc6 repositories
and too later modify the packages etc. I've attached my
livecd-fedora-6-desktop.ks to this mail.

Then I ran the following command:

sudo livecd-creator
 --config=/usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-6-desktop.ks \
 --fslabel=Fedora-6-Test1-LiveCD \
 --repo=c6,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os \
 --repo=e6,http://download.fedora.devel.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386

Which results in:

[...]
tune2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)
Setting maximal mount count to -1
Setting interval between checks to 0 seconds
Repository core is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository core is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository core-source is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository core-source is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository extras is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository extras is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository extras-source is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository extras-source is listed more than once in the configuration
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 867, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 832, in main
    if not target.setup(uncompressed_size, fs_label, base_on):
  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 408, in setup
    self.ayum.setup("%s/install_root" %(self.build_dir,))
  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 179, in setup
    self.doGenericSetup(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 90, in
doGenericSetup
    self.doRepoSetup()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 299, in
doRepoSetup
    repo.setup(self.conf.cache)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 498, in setup
    raise Errors.RepoError, ('Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for
repository: %s' % self)
yum.Errors.RepoError: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: core

I dont think "Repository foo is listed more than once" errors are related, and
I probably just dont know enough about fedora repositories to figure out the
cause and the solution for the repomd.xml problem... greping in the livecd
sources for repomd didnt help :-/ And /var/cache/yum/core/repomd.xml exists.

Any help/pointers certainly welcome, if needed I'll happily provide more
configuration details.

regards,
	Holger