[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora7-Test3-KDE (proposal)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 14:14:52 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 03:27 +0100, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> attached is my current version of a kickstart file for a kde livecd.
> I've also written a mail to fedora-devel-list with some explanations.
>
> I would be really grateful for some comments. :)

Instead of specifying all of the packages manually, I'd suggest that
specifying some of the groups from the comps file will provide a far
more consistent package set.  At a minimum, you probably want
  @core
  @base
  @dial-up
  @hardware-support
to get the "base system" types of things including dialup and some of
the hardware support bits (like wireless firmware).

Also applicable and with "good" defaults for KDE are probably
  @printing
  @base-x
  @admin-tools
to get sort of the base X environment with system tools and everything
that's wanted for printing.

Not sure what that does to your size off-hand, though.  I'll do a little
playing once I get the test3 bits going.