[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora7-Test3-KDE (proposal)

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Mon Mar 26 14:24:04 UTC 2007

Am Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:14:52 -0400
schrieb Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>:

> On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 03:27 +0100, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> > attached is my current version of a kickstart file for a kde livecd.
> > I've also written a mail to fedora-devel-list with some
> > explanations.
> >
> > I would be really grateful for some comments. :)
>
> Instead of specifying all of the packages manually, I'd suggest that
> specifying some of the groups from the comps file will provide a far
> more consistent package set.  At a minimum, you probably want
>   @core
>   @base
>   @dial-up
>   @hardware-support
> to get the "base system" types of things including dialup and some of
> the hardware support bits (like wireless firmware).
>
> Also applicable and with "good" defaults for KDE are probably
>   @printing
>   @base-x
>   @admin-tools
> to get sort of the base X environment with system tools and everything
> that's wanted for printing.
>
> Not sure what that does to your size off-hand, though.  I'll do a
> little playing once I get the test3 bits going.

I've tried that at first. But the size exploded. So I've used a diff
from the package list created by the rpm-version. Maybe a few
groups can be inserted - haven't checked that. With this one I was
getting the same results compared to older versions of livecd-creator.

Actual size is here between 690 and 700 MB.

Sebastian