[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora7-Test3-KDE (proposal)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 14:29:18 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 16:24 +0200, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> I've tried that at first. But the size exploded. So I've used a diff
> from the package list created by the rpm-version. Maybe a few
> groups can be inserted - haven't checked that. With this one I was
> getting the same results compared to older versions of livecd-creator.

The problem with not doing so is that people are going to not have
packages that are considered part of the "base" system... which isn't
such a big deal for just the live CD case, but given the installability,
we really want to be able to assume that the basic package set being
present isn't going to fundamentally differ based on how it was
installed.