[Fedora-livecd-list] building fc6 livecds

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue Mar 27 19:43:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 17:32, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > The below report is pretty strange, I'll try later today with a newer yum
> > version (or anything else you might suggest). In fact I was thinking
> > about not this, before doing so, but then I would be curious if you can
> > comment on the second issue ("name 'GROUP_DEFAULT' is not defined")
> > described in this mail..
> You need a newer version of pykickstart I think for that.

I now use pykickstart from
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at rhlinux.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
installed with "sudo python2.4 setup.py install"

But the core issue is still the same: the livecd-creation shows this error
and /var/tmp/livecd-creator is empty after that:

ERROR during installation...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 843, in main
    target.configureSystem(ksparser)
  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 484, in configureSystem
    f = open("%s/etc/sysconfig/i18n" %(instroot,), "w+")
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or
directory: '/var/tmp/livecd-creator/build-tmpkgRbNg/install_root/etc/sysconfig/i18n'
umount: /var/tmp/livecd-creator/build-tmpkgRbNg/install_root/var/cache/yum:
device is busy
umount: /var/tmp/livecd-creator/build-tmpkgRbNg/install_root/var/cache/yum:
device is busy
umount: /var/tmp/livecd-creator/build-tmpkgRbNg/install_root: device is busy
umount: /var/tmp/livecd-creator/build-tmpkgRbNg/install_root: device is busy
ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: Device or resource busy

> Are you including initscripts in your package list?

I basically use the same kickstart file as the one from the livecd git repo
for fc7, (so far) I just changed the repo-urls.

My initial problems were "solved" when I added the 6-updates repo to the
6-core and 6-extras repositories.

I also use yum 3.0.3, should I upgrade to 3.0.5 or 3.1.5?

I hope the new livecd version with Marks patches for better error handling
will be helpfull in tracking this down. :)

regards,
	Holger