[Fedora-livecd-list] FATAL error:

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Mon May 21 18:38:05 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> writes:

> On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 09:27 +0200, Lars Bjørndal wrote:
>> Running livecd-creator, I get the following error message:
>>
>> Building an initramfs at /boot/livecd-initramfs.img for kernel
>> 2.6.21-1.3163.fc7
>> FATAL: Module ide_cd not found.
>> FATAL: Module usbhid not found.
>> Done; initramfs is 4,3M.
>>
>> Should I use an older kernel while building the livecd?
>
> No, the messages are misleading... I thought I had killed them off, but
> apparently not.  Patches accepted or I'll get there eventually :-)

Fine, if you could do that. However, the CD will not start. I get the
following error messages:

Booting to kernel
Buffer I/O error on device sr0,logical 67351
(8 times)
Setting up new root fs
No fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
Unable to load selinux policy. Machine is in enforcing mode.
Halting now.

I'm running livecd-tools version 008-1.fc7, on an yum-updated FC7
install:

Uname -a gives:
Linux cd.localdomain 2.6.21-1.3163.fc7 #1 SMP Tue May 15 17:23:21 EDT
2007 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Please tell me if I should provide some more info.

Lars