[Fedora-livecd-list] quick questions

Elias Hunt hunt at m2s.com
Tue May 22 16:15:28 UTC 2007

I searched the archive and was unable to find an answer to either
question. Feel free to redirect me if there is already info on either of
these.

Is there a way to adjust the livecd boot delay? Currently it's set to 60
seconds which is a long time for our application, we'd like it around 5
or 10 seconds, but I've been unable to determine where that comes from
in the CD image, nor if there is a kickstart value to set it easily at
creation time.

Second, I'm sure someone else has seen "Buffer I/O error on device sr0,
logical block xxxxxx" errors. I've burned over 20 different ISOs now at
varying burn speeds and they all have one block that generates errors
during boot. Each burn is a different block id, but they all error about
8 times, and then continue booting. It doesn't seem to be causing
problems, but I'm concerned that something in the livecd-creator process
isn't doing what is expected and may give us trouble down the road.

Any help or thoughts on either of those are greatly appreciated.

-Eli

--
Elias Hunt
Systems Engineer