[Fedora-livecd-list] quick questions

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue May 22 20:14:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 12:15 -0400, Elias Hunt wrote:
> Is there a way to adjust the livecd boot delay? Currently it’s set to
> 60 seconds which is a long time for our application, we’d like it
> around 5 or 10 seconds, but I’ve been unable to determine where that
> comes from in the CD image, nor if there is a kickstart value to set
> it easily at creation time.

It's in isolinux/isolinux.cfg in the image.  As it stands right now,
there's not really a good way to tweak it (and a FIXME along those lines
in the code)

> Second, I’m sure someone else has seen “Buffer I/O error on device
> sr0, logical block xxxxxx” errors. I’ve burned over 20 different ISOs
> now at varying burn speeds and they all have one block that generates
> errors during boot. Each burn is a different block id, but they all
> error about 8 times, and then continue booting. It doesn’t seem to be
> causing problems, but I’m concerned that something in the
> livecd-creator process isn’t doing what is expected and may give us
> trouble down the road.

This is the kernel not being happy reading the CD; if it's always one
block, it could be your burner or the type of media that you're using.
There's really not any way for it to be something in the isofs.