[Fedora-livecd-list] Creating a DVD

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 02:51:35 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:29:48 +0900 (JST)
Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at creativecommons.org> wrote:

> I have created a Fedora Live CD successfully.  As I understand it,
> creating a CD generates a single file with an ISO9660 filesystem on
> it, and perhaps other metadata necessary so that burning it to a CD
> makes that CD bootable.  My question is, to generate a DVD, do I do
> something different?  Or do I just generate an enormous "bootable CD"
> and burn that to DVD media?

There is no difference between a CD iso and a DVD iso.  It's just in
the medium you burn it to.  (of course, if you have a 4G iso, you have
no choice but to burn it to DVD media, but on the flip side you can
burn a 10meg iso to DVD media just fine.)

--
Jesse Keating