sqlitesack.py error, was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] traceback when installing openssh-server

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 19:59:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 14:26 -0500, Douglas McClendon wrote:
> Alexandre Magaz Graça wrote:
> > Since some days ago, livecd-creator is falling with this traceback
> > (latest git version):
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 1503, in <module>
> >     sys.exit(main())
> >   File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 1483, in main
> >     target.unmount()
> >   File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 503, in unmount
> >     self.ayum.close()
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 92, in
> > close
> >     self._repos.close()
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/repos.py", line 76, in close
> >     repo.close()
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 257, in
> > close
> >     self.sack.close()
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 233,
> > in close
> >     del self.pkgobjlist
> > AttributeError: pkgobjlist
> >
> > I noticed that it only happened when the base group is installed. After
> > some tests, I discovered it was caused by the openssh-server package (ks
> > attached). It worked when I tested in another machine, but failed againg
> > after a system update which included yum (from 3.2.1-1.fc7 to 3.2.5-1.fc7).
> >
> > Could someone give some hint about how to find out what is making it fail?
>
> see
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2007-September/msg00116.html
>
> I got around it by grabbing yum and python-iniparse srcrpms from rawhide
> and rpm --rebuild(ing) them, before using them to update an otherwise
> normal f7+updates system.
>
> Then I was able to get git livecd-tools to work.

Gah, yeah.  We really need to either push yum 3.2.5-4 to F7 or get 3.2.6
out to push instead.  I'll talk with Seth to figure out a plan as I keep
meaning to, but have been distracted by test3.

> TODO: start a livecd-tools:/usr/share/doc/livecd-tools*/FAQ which has an
> entry for this, along with snippets about cachedir usage, and can serve
> as a general placeholder for things until they either make it into the
> documentation, or become obsolete.

I'm not sure that this specifically is going to make sense to have
there.  Having a FAQ is fine, it's just a matter of what makes sense to
go there (vs updating the README)