[Fedora-livecd-list] ARRRG

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Thu Oct 4 04:08:26 UTC 2007

I had a working system last week with a good kickstart and I was busy
cranking out LiveCDs as I tweaked an RPM for the LiveCD.  Then it
blew up.  All of the LiveCDs would report bad MBRs.  The log files
I'm aware of (revisor, yum and messages in /var/log) reported nothing
of any real relevance.

Since no one on the list posted any suggestions on what to do next, I
created an entirely new system running Fedora 8 under VMWare.  After
much futzing around I've figure out not to check the customize
interface button, figured out all the extra packages to disable for
whatever reason, that there doesn't seem to be a revisor-fedora-8-
i386.conf file any place I can find, etc., etc.

I finally get it to go past the dependency checking and on the
ethernet page it will not allow me to go forward.  If I hit back and
then forward (to return myself to the ethernet config), it deletes
the interface.  If I add an interface, it will not let me proceed.
If I delete all interfaces, it allows me to proceed, but stops me on
the next screen.

The project I'm working on is a volunteer project to help a new (read
no budget) museum.  The theory is that Revisor will (1) let me focus
on getting this project I got myself talked into done and (2) be the
basis for several paid projects.  Unfortunately, this is the second
(or if you count the new Fedora 8 system, third) time I've had time
to work on this project where I again find a system running under
VMWare that is only used to created LiveCDs inexplicably blowing
completely up.  Unfortunately, I'm about to get busy on another
project and I'd really really really like to finish this thing and
put it to use rather than pull the rug out from under these people.

Can anyone tell me how I can:
1) get a system up and running under Fedora 7, Fedora 8 or CentOS
that will predictably produce LiveCDs
2) keep it from blowing the !#@$!@#$ up

Or should I just tell them to piss off?

Tim