[Fedora-livecd-list] specifying kickstart file upon boot of liveCD

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 17:03:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 12:08 -0400, Jon Steer wrote:
> Although I suspect this is a naive question,
>
> Is it possible to specify a kickstart file upon boot of the liveCD? I
> am interested in doing some non-interactive post-boot. Or, should I be
> using something like cobbler/koan?

If you're creating your own live CD, then you can make it do whatever
you want from the live init script.  Just add the appropriate parsing
of /proc/cmdline and then kick off whatever.

Generally, the shipped Fedora live images don't do anything specific
with install-related arguments as the installability isn't something
that's really seen as wanting to be automated.

Just out of curiosity, what are you actually trying to do?