[Fedora-livecd-list] accessing flash rw ?

Christian G. Tveen cgt at navicon.dk
Tue Apr 8 18:24:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure its /dev/sdb1 (dmesg). Its however not the
problem. I can mount a directory to /dev/live, and what I see is
something that I believe is the flash, which probably prevents me from
mounting the /dev/sdb1 for normal usage. However, I'm not certain on
which loop devices are used for what purpose, and I assume the linux
system for still remain on the flash, so it should not be un-looped or ?

Somewhere in the scripts it possible to modify, to to init_to_ram, thus
copiying the whole flash onto memory (and if cdrom, eject). However, I
would prefer not to copy the system to ram, as it increases startup time.

Regards Chrisitan