[Fedora-livecd-list] cachedir conflict... bug?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 04:08:31 UTC 2008

OK, this is a bigger problem than simply conflicting with the host's yum
repodata cache.  It can easily conflict with itself if you use a local
persistent cache.

Stepping back a bit to explain from the beginning:

Instead of create() I use each step.  One of create()'s steps is
mount().  Instead of the defaults I use:
mount(None,"/path/to/anywhere")

This makes testing the image creator really fast because I don't have to
grab packages from my mirror each time.  In the previous message I
described how this conflicted with my host's yum repodata when I used
/var/cache/yum.  I of course can avoid this conflict by setting it to
anything else.  But then I realized, it can easily conflict with itself
leading to failure.

If I use *any* hard-coded persistent cache directory with ImageCreator,
create a i386 image and immediately follow it with a x86_64 image, then
it is affected by the previous architecture's repodata.

Surely this is a bug?

Otherwise I have no choice but to include arch within cachedir's name,
which seems bad.
/var/cache/imagecreator-i386/
/var/cache/imagecreator-x86_64/

Warren Togami