[Fedora-livecd-list] fsck errors

Miner, Jonathan W (US SSA) jonathan.w.miner at baesystems.com
Mon Jul 28 19:34:54 UTC 2008

Hi -

Just started using livecd-creator (Fedora 9; livecd-tools.i386 017.1-1.fc9) and I seem to have a problem with files that I create during the %post phase not appearing on the CD.

If I review the output of the livecd-creator command, I see messages similar to:

| umount: /disk0/scratch/imgcreate-RK0UU5/install_root: device is busy
| ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: Device or resource busy

and

| e2fsck 1.40.8 (13-Mar-2008)
| Fedora-9-Gateway: recovering journal
| Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
| Inode 18 has illegal block(s).  Clear? yes
| Illegal block #0 (811008) in inode 18.  CLEARED.
| Inode 18, i_blocks is 24, should be 16.  Fix? yes
| Inode 19 has illegal block(s).  Clear? yes

etc... I've fsck'ed a lot of drives during my career, and this does not look good.  Maybe related is that after several builds my disk fills up, and the numbers from df and du don't match, suggesting that there are open files that are being deleted, and not released back into the free list:

| # df -k /disk0
| Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
| /dev/sda7             16876496   9157472   6847904  58% /disk0
| # du -sk /disk0
| 3940940	/disk0

Any ideas... is any of this normal?  What can I do to debug this?