[Fedora-livecd-list] Recursive livecd-creator problem

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 22:57:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 18:23 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 04:03 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> >> The chroot created by livecd-creator has a blank /etc/resolv.conf, so
> >> the inner imagecreator trying to create a chroot fails as it cannot
> >> download repo metadata.
> >>
> >> I cannot simply copy /etc/resolv.conf from the host to the first level
> >> chroot in %post since it is already running within the chroot at this
> >> point.  I then tried to use both %post --nochroot and %post in the same
> >> kickstart file.
> >>
> >> It seems that %post --nochroot is ignored when you also have a %post?
> >> Are both supposed to run (in what order?), or only %post?
> >
> > Both should run without any problems.  In fact, the base livecd configs
> > depend on this to set up things like the GPL and REAMDE on the top level
> > of the cd.  They'll run in the order that they exist within the config
> > file for an arbitrary number of scripts -- we loop over them in
> > imgcreate/creator.py:__run_post_scripts()
> >

> one.ks
> two.ks includes one.ks
> three.ks includes two.ks
>
> one.ks has %post --nochroot
> three.ks has %post
>
> It seems %post --nochroot prior to %post in three.ks is ignored.  What I
> want to achieve works if I edit one.ks, but then I lose the ability to
> simply rely upon the existing defined Fedora Desktop LiveCD definitions.

It should still be fine.  Again, this is directly relied upon in the
main desktop and kde live image configs.  Are you using %end to end all
of the sections of your configs?

> Is this a bug in creator?

As of yet, it doesn't look like it to me.  And with just hand-waving
about what you're doing, it's hard to say better.  You have the config
files, you have source code -- if you think it's a creator bug, add
debugging to the code and it should pop out pretty quickly.  The %post
stuff is pretty simple